Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Break Stuff to Make Stuff

Who did that song, "Break up to make up, that's all we do"? That is similar to me and my mosaics. Yeah, I break things so I can simply put them back together again. Silly huh?

Mosaics were first introduced to me on the internet when I was searching for some crafting/art inspiration. The mosaic I came across was a incredible looking, and had such symmetry. Which being the anal perfectionist that I am it appealed to me right away. And no, I do not recall the mosaic. Figures huh?

Now some 2 years later this month I still love seeing, and playing with pieces of pottery, china, glass and other bits. It is like doing a jigsaw puzzle, but there is no box top picture to refer to for answers.

Today I wanted to post a few of my mosaic pieces, and in no particular order here they are.


Blue Flowers ( real creative on the name thing aren't I?), was a swap gift. This was one of my favorites, and it was hard to ship it off.

Shul Cart (there's that name thing again), was a collaboration between me and my dad. He built the cart, and I mosaiced the top. It was very rewarding on many levels.

Flow was my first glass on glass mosaic. It was created for my living room window. I went on to create two lamps for the same room in the same type of design, and colors.

The Sun and Moon mirrors were created for our bedroom. The celestial bodies have many connotations for us personally, and I love looking at them everyday.

So there you have a few of my mosaics. Creating them is something I love so much, but have so little time for lately. But I really have to work on that name thing...

No comments: