Friday, August 29, 2008

Play Me a Melody

After several weeks of doing nothing creative, I finally finished the mosaic guitar I had started the first of July. It was all done except for the grout, but sat in the bat cave waiting for two weeks.

Grout color is always the most difficult choice for me to make. So I made up my mind I was going to finish it and move on, and try to find my creative energy again. This is the outcome.


The materials used were sheet music, crash/tempered glass, MAC glue, acrylic paint, grout, mirror, Lucite, stained glass and dye. All in all I am pleased with the piece, in particular the technical side of the work, just not sure what to do with it now. Ideas?

This piece made me take a step back and realize I need to take a break form mosaics. Although I love doing them I'm just not sure I am as good at them as I would like. Being a perfectionist that is a hard one. Do I sound whiny? Cause now I'm annoying myself...

On a different note it is Erev Shabbos! And of course I am in the process of getting everything done. So I gotta jet back to work.

This week's parsha is Re'eh.

2 comments:

ch said...

This is a beautiful piece of art. I just finished my first little mosaic project and found it to be very therapeutic. You have a very interesting blog, I'd like to add it to my list of inspiring blogs(if that's ok?)

HSG said...

Cindy
Thank you for your comment, and it is nice to meet a fellow mosaic artist.

If you would like to add my blog, please do.
Helen