Friday, August 8, 2008

Life Lesson

Over the last couple of months I've learned a hard lesson.

When becoming frum I expected to be able to leave certain types of people behind. One of those would be not to have to deal with people within my community who don't live a Torah observant life. Unfortunately I've found that to not be true.

Somehow it seems fitting that with Tisha B'Av being Sunday that I should be experiencing a deep sadness for my realization. So in learning this I shall feel the sadness on Sunday, as well as the disappointment. As with anything such as this you have to learn from it, and take that forward.

However, today is erev Shabbos, and I'm in my usual flurry of activity in preparation for the most beautiful day of the week. Then when Shabbos is over and our fast begins along, with the mourning of the destruction of the Temples, I will also mourn the loss of finding that people are people no matter where you go.

This week's parsha is Devarim.

Good Shabbos to everyone, as well as a good and meaningful fast.

No comments: