Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring = Flour

Yes, you read that right. Flour.

Getting ready for Pesach (Passover) we have to use up all our flour/chometz. Today I made extra challah in an effort to get a jump on my Pesach preparations and use up my flour.

This post has a second purpose, too. A ringing endorsement of a flour brand. King Arthur Flour. In this time when companies are struggling I wanted to do my part to say what a great product I've found.

This flour is such a quality product and comes from a company that clearly cares what they are putting out into the stores, it is so worth the time to let others (or at least the one person who may read this post), know.

Making challah (bread) is a huge part of my baking every week. With this flour I've found a significant difference in the results achieved. Using the same recipe I've used for a very long time, the challah comes out so much lighter and better tasting, even my guests have noticed.

The proof is in the pictures:










Yummy!!!

4 comments:

rnjenny1 said...

I love baking bread and I also love that flour. They have some awesome cookbooks also!

HSG said...

Jenny
Glad to hear from someone else who uses this flour. Now I'll have to checkout their cookbooks.

PJH said...

Hi - Thanks SO much for the nice endorsement of our flour! (See, already you have more than one person reading AND commenting on this post...) We (me and my fellow 167 employee-owners) really do care about providing everyone with the best flour in America - consistently, year after year, for 219 years. Also, thanks for sharing the sweet photos of your mom; and for your support of breast cancer research (I'm a survivor). Bake on! PJ Hamel, King Arthur Flour baker/blogger

HSG said...

WOW! Thank you PJ!

See? This is what I mean! Your company really is unique, and this proves it even more!

Glad you liked the pictures of my mom. She passed away from breast cancer, and that is one of the reasons I stay involved.

Being a survivor is great to hear!It is always renewing to meet someone who is a survivor.

Thank you again for stopping by!